Wednesday, November 29, 2006

kiss this guy

I just love REO Speedwagon. They actually started here, maybe that's why I strangely love them so. Interestingly though, there is not a single good looking guy in the band. We used to watch those VH1 Behind the Music's and Journey, Chicago, etc., they'd all have at least one pretty-boy (well, for 80's standards). One fairly cute guy in the bunch. But REO, not so much. Not a one.

I even went to the dedication of "REO Speedwagon Way" in front of a downtown bar and a little pre-party for it. Love 'em. Not good looking but man can they sing those power-ballads.

Anyway, I also absolutely love www.kissthisguy.com The sight is all misheard song lyrics (from Henrix's song that goes "kiss the sky".

And one of my favorite lyrics is from the REO song "Take it on the Run":

Actual lyric: "I'm telling you babe, I don't think it's true babe, and even if it is keep this in mind..."

Misheard lyric: "I'm telling you Gabe, I don't think it's the flu Gabe, and even if it is keep kissing my eye."


Another great one is from Bob Dylan's "Blowin' In the Wind":

Actual lyric: "The answer my friend, is blowin' in the wind, the answer is blowin' in the wind."

Misheard lyric: "The ants are my friends, they're blowing in the wind, the ants are a-blowin' in the wind."

Too fun. This website can definitely suck up some free time...

3 Comments:

Blogger Liza said...

I remember when we realized my Uncle thought the lyrics to Aerosmith's "Dude looks like a lady" were "Do the funky lady"! I was pleasantly surprised to find these lyrics were also misheard by someone else on the kissthisguy website. :)

9:12 AM  
Blogger joanna said...

That's too funny! Thanks for sharing Liza!

For years i could never understand a line from the Wizard of Oz: when they're singing "If ever, oh ever, a wiz there was..." And I kept hearing "If ever a wever a wiz there was..." I kept asking myself, "What in the heck is a wever??"

One of my other favorites from the website is where someone thinks the Spanish song "Gauntanamera" is really "One Ton 'O Mallox"!

And lastly, Aaron told me about a college friend who totally garbled the lyrics to a Nirvana song. The one that goes, "Hey, wait! I've got a new complaint. Forever in debt to your priceless advice."

This guy really thought it was, "Hey, wait! I need some rollerblades. Forever in debt to the Price is Right"!!!!

11:32 AM  
Blogger Dori said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Health Care Management MBA
Health Care Management MBA
Online MBA
Online MBA