Sunday, November 12, 2006

a little too quiet...






I had thought the scraping the powered sugar from this morning donuts out of the carpet was going to be the highlight of the day, as I ate my bagel sandwich for lunch, thinking about how the kids need baths. Kieran and I were in the kitchen having lunch and Andie was watching "cow"-AKA a Baby Einstein movie called Baby McDonald, she calls it cow. I went to the stairs to ask her if she wanted some cheese, just as she walked to the top of the stairs. She appeared to be holding a marker in her hand. Our conversation went something like this:

Me: Oh no, oh no, oh no. What are you doing???
Andie: I lub you.
Me: Is that a marker???
Andie: I lub you.

Somehow her "i love you's" were just not comforting.

She had colored in red marker all over Aaron's desk. DRY ERASE marker, thanks goodness! But still. Every parent knows what it's like to feel their stomach turn over when they realize that their child is being a little too quiet in another room, mostly likely on the brink of touching the ceiling after climbing a tall bookcase, or peeling the wrapper off the 400th sanitary napkin and tacking them all row upon row up the wall (happened to a friend of mine), or sitting on their riding toy covered head to toe in anti itch creme (happened to me with Kieran).

Thankfully the marker came off the desk quite well, this all happened about half an hour ago. Andie still has marker all over her face but it least she did this all right before bath time.

...But all of a sudden it's awfully quiet downstairs where the kids are. I'll let you know if my day gets even more exciting!

4 Comments:

Blogger Dori said...

That 2nd picture of Andie, the close up with the marker on her face, is such a great picture! I'm so impressed you thought to get the camera. These are the things that make awesome memories. Whenever somthing like that happens at our house, I am always to frazzeled to for it to even occur to me to snap a picture.

9:10 PM  
Blogger Amy Drane said...

Oh Joanna, I hope your day went alot better :) Cute pictures, I think Dori is right, My camera is alittle to far away when something like this happens!

Needless to say, Ahhhhh they're in bed now (i hope)... it's 9:30pm...

9:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

All I can say is hahahahahahaha! At least you caught it right when it happened. What kind of mom am I when I say it seems I catch those times a couple hours later?

At least it was easy to clean up, right? :)

Hope to see you soon!

10:28 AM  
Blogger TJ's Momma said...

HA HA HA,, I love it. Thank goodness it was dry erase. Oh, man, the things I have to look forward too!

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Health Care Management MBA
Health Care Management MBA
Online MBA
Online MBA