Thursday, August 02, 2007

i want these books

i need a new book, these look really fun:

I Was A Really Good Mom Before I Had Kids

&

I Like You: Hospitality Under the Influence

as for this second one, love that amy sedaris. for that i can thank my brother, who turned aaron and i on to strangers with candy. her brother, author david sedaris writes about how amy was to be featured in a magazine article about interesting New York women and when it's her turn at the styling table at the photo shoot she says, "I want it to look like someone has beaten the s*** out of me." so she was given black eyes, scratch marks on her forehead, a scabbed nose, swollen lips, stiches. she loves it, wearing it all day and if a rare passerby asks what happened she smiles brightly and responds, "I'm in love. Can you believe it? I'm finally totally in love, and I feel great."

those sedaris kids, too funny. i'd like to think that could have been my brother and i, right jacob? if i had a big fatty suit and you had a speech impediment.

4 Comments:

Blogger jacob said...

perhaps. we would have also had to have an alcoholic mother and a few more recreational drug problems between us. :-)

8:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of my sisters gave the Sedaris book (& a bottle of wine) to the other for Christmas. We spent most of the night laughing about what was in it.

10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

anonymous = Camille after a glass of wine

10:31 PM  
Blogger joanna said...

j-good point. though mom does get quite tipsy from just a glass of wine....and there was that summer i spent huffing....

camille-isn't that book fabulous? something for everyone!

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Health Care Management MBA
Health Care Management MBA
Online MBA
Online MBA