Saturday, July 21, 2007

oh my gosh continued aka is this a joke?

so, you know that wacko who wanted to watch our kids? the one i posted about here. well, after letting her down easy (and i think i was more than fair after she so miserably failed her job interview with us and i restrained myself from recounting the ways) she just e-mailed me tonight. here's how things went down after dinner a few weeks ago.

my e-mail to her:

Hi xxxxx,

We all really enjoyed meeting with you this evening and we had a nice time chatting, but I don't know if the babysitting is going to work out very well after all. Aaron and I really think we need someone who can come to our house to watch the kids, and to be honest, I think you're really great but I don't think kids are really your thing. I'm looking for someone really into kids and who has a lot of experience babysitting and while I think you've got lots of great ideas for the kids, I don't think you're a kid person, per se.

I really wish you the best at U of I and hope the job search ultimately goes your way!

Thanks for coming out to meet with us,

joanna


not bad, huh?

her response:

Hi Joanna,I'm sorry things didn't work out. I should have been honest with you - I like kids but I've had some bad experiences with some including two 8 year old female cousins for which the kindest possible adjective for them is imaginative. I'm still interested in the job if you can't find anyone, and will take the bus up to [nearby landmark] if possible.

my response, and i really wanted to be honest and tell her where she went wrong and there were oh so many areas, but aaron reminds me she could be psycho and she knows where we live, so here goes:

Hi xxxx,

I appreciate that but I just don't think you fit the requirements for this position-I need someone for specific times which require a car, and I need someone who loves and knows about kids and has years of babysitting experience.

I have received many responses to my ad so don't worry about us, good luck in the future,

joanna



okey dokey, so this brings us to present day and her e-mail to me:

I could not in good conscience work for a home whose inhabitants are so hostile towards companion animals, which seems to be your general attitude. My sister is allergic to cats and found out when she was 11, but we had one that she was unwilling to abandon and was willing to take shots to control her allergies.

what???? i'm not writing back of course, i've found that you can't argue with crazy and this one is nuts. why oh why do the crazy ones always find me?

5 Comments:

Blogger Erika said...

as Bud would say: w.t.f.?!

9:09 PM  
Blogger Dori said...

I don't know, maybe performing that animal sacrifice in her presence was the wrong way to go...

You didn't give her your blog address, did you??

9:45 PM  
Blogger Donita said...

You certainly went over and above w/ this chick. I would have said, "thank you, but no thank you" (nutso, nuff said)!

10:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would send her one last email.....
Try cat sitting, psycho!

Jo- maybe try the looking for a babysitter at education school at UofI, just a thought.

BTW- Love the new design— v.cute!

10:20 AM  
Blogger joanna said...

erika-i've used that phrase of bud's on more than one occasion in relation to this whole thing! it's all i can ask myself!

dori-you know, i wondered if skinning that dog had anything to do with this but thought nah, she's obviously upset about how i said my husband and son are allergic so we don't have pets. i can see why that might make someone so upset. not the animal sacrifice. right? and i'm just waiting for her to come across my blog, i hope she does! so much i wanted to say to her that i kept to myself!

donita-see, i'm just nicer than you are ;) but seriously, after spending hours at our home with her at dinner and making tentative plans for kid-sitting (as if) i couldn't simply say thanks but no thanks, i felt i should let her down easy while still letting her know why she sucked so badly. plus her grandfather died that day and she seems a little....sensitive.

camille-thanks for the suggestions, i think i now have some high school kids who are right up our alley! and references from people i know personally which is huge. but by now the summer is almost over and the kids will go to school and i won't need a sitter that much! oh well, i definitely know what to do next summer-or what not to do! and thanks, i like this summer-y blog design too!

7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Health Care Management MBA
Health Care Management MBA
Online MBA
Online MBA