Sunday, July 08, 2007

07*07*07

i had the most amazing day yesterday. my friend erika gave birth to baby #2 and i got to be there. it really was incredible and very humbling. it all started friday evening, which was probably my first all-nighter since college (but anything for you erika!), it included a lot of walking through the hallways, watching charts of baby's heartrate and mom's contractions, and ultimately, at 9:24 am a new little person in the world.

erika did an awesome job getting the little guy here, i don't know anyone who might call women the "weaker sex" after witnessing a birth. it was surreal, almost calm as erika pushed, with only a few of us in her room and as the baby made his appearance it was truly humbling.

congratulations to the family, we are so excited for them and are hoping they ask us to babysit! a lot!

Introducing baby Oscar, in his blonde in a bottle blog debut!

***




2 Comments:

Blogger Erika said...

I don't know what I would have done without having a great friend of mine there to walk the halls with me all night - you are the best!

Thanks for capturing so many great moments and helping me through such a wonderful, and crazy time in my life :)

8:07 AM  
Blogger joanna said...

anytime :) i'm so glad i could help out and be there for such an amazing experience.

and i also knew that i was going home to my non-new baby house and would get to sleep again and you guys wouldn't, if anyone could have afforded to be up all night with you-it was me!

can't wait to get all the pictures developed, i'll let you know when i have them!

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Health Care Management MBA
Health Care Management MBA
Online MBA
Online MBA