Thursday, September 04, 2008

hmmm...how do i put this delicately....

aaron always accuses me of relaying every possible embarrassing, self-deprecating, dorky story about myself. and i just can't help it! i like to just put it all out there, and i don't care if i look stupid, so what?

so, there's no way to sugar coat it (and after discussing my kids peeing all over the house, why even try really, right?) but today i threw up all over myself while driving home with the kids (+ one, buddy aidan). twice. it wasn't pretty. and i wish i could blame it on being pregnant but i don't think that was a big issue at the time. it was like this: i was driving the kids home from a playdate, as i'm driving i cough every once in a while and it just seems like there's a tickle in my throat that won't go away. halfway home i'm the first car in the left turn lane stopped at a red light at an intersection when the cough is so deep i gag. and then i suddenly just throw up. i put my hand up, don't know why--to catch it?? and i puke on my hand, my shirt, down the side of the car door. it was so gross. and before the light can turn green, it happens again. meanwhile there are cars whizzing by and some drive right alongside me as this happens. i can only imagine how this looked to someone who's casually driving by and then "OH MY GOD! that woman is puking on herself!" thankfully, it was raining, so i'm telling myself their view of this ickiness was blurred by rain and windshield wipers.

so that was the highlight of my day. and then i had to simply continue driving home, even waving at two neighbors with my pukey hand (thank god it was rainy) and then explain to the kids why we had to make a pitstop so i could change (the boys:"can we see it?" andie:"one time i threw up in my bed!" she loves to tell this story).

i figure it can only get better from there. and i'll try not post more gross stories.

this'll show all you guys who complained about benny lava and how long it had been since i posted!

***

3 Comments:

Blogger jacob said...

wow... people at work are wondering why I'm laughing so much after reading this. Still, not as emabarrassing as throwing up on yourself, I think. Glad it didn't frighten the kids.

7:27 AM  
Blogger joanna said...

oh yeah, great, are you telling everyone at work about your dumb sister who vomited on herself? that's nice. make sure to tell them about the time i did the church program and got the "How Lovely is Thy Dwelling Place" hymn wrong....actually, I may have to post that story next.....

12:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

okay, joanna, but sorry, i am NOT retelling this one to mike. i just am NOT. aaron can do it if he wants. it's not coming from me.

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Health Care Management MBA
Health Care Management MBA
Online MBA
Online MBA