Wednesday, August 20, 2008

i love you monica lewinsky lipstick aka my dumbest post yet

recently i was having issues with Paypal. my bank decided to go from Visa debit cards to Mastercard and issued new cards (which i promptly misplaced along with assigned pin numbers and like a dork waited until the old card expired and was no longer usable to slink into the bank and request a new one, but anyway...) so i'd been updating all sorts of online accounts, Paypal being one of them. i was having a hard time determining if Paypal was defaulting to my credit card or my debit card, it just wasn't clear. so, i decided, "hey, i should buy something and find out!" so logged into ebay and tried to think of anything i'd been looking for recently. and then i remembered something i did a google search for years ago: Monica Lewinsky+lipstick. See, after the whole Clinton/Lewinsky craziness, Monica did Barbara Walters interview, remember that? I don't think I really watched it, I might have tuned in for a minute or two but the only thing I really got from it was "wow, i love her lipstick!" it did seem a bit strange and shallow to be fixated not on what the girl was saying but on her choice in beauty products but apparently i wasn't the only one. later when i was online it turned out a lot of woman had noticed the same thing and were desperate to track down the lipstick. which is just what i did on ebay and it arrived a couple weeks ago, yay! and for those of you who remember my "great perfume search", i sometimes become consumed with some bizarre item like this. my lipstick chase has been ongoing for years--i have looked for the perfect creamy, mauvy but not to mauvy, rose but not to pink, a little berry/plum hue of lipstick for sooooooo long i had finally written off as the elusive glass slipper i'd never find. most recently i was at the clinique counter three days in a row only to end up with something that looked passable under the harsh mall lights but outside in real life ended up making me look like i had written on my lips with a purple Crayola. but patience paid off and now my lips are happy and all that's left to do is collect to more of this discontinued shade and hoard it :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

I'd love to see a picture of you with the amazing new shade! Let your reader be the judge to see if Monica's shade is right for you!

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Health Care Management MBA
Health Care Management MBA
Online MBA
Online MBA