Thursday, May 03, 2007

almost

today i was picking up kieran at school and while i was on my way out the door i heard a woman saying to another mother, "Yeah, she's a photographer..." something about children's pictures. i know this isn't a big deal really, but it was the first time i've heard myself referred to in this way. i just happened to catch that one sentence and then thought about how odd that sounded in my ears. i'm enjoying my camera and lenses and i've started taking pictures for other people, yet i don't call myself a photographer. i have such a long way to go before i feel i can earn that. only in the past couple weeks have a started saying i'm an "amateur photographer" instead of just saying that i'm "getting into photography". i can't believe how much there is to learn and i don't presume to think i'll be anything but an amateur for a while longer but that's totally cool with me. i'm trying to find my niche and figure out where i want to be with all this. for now i practice, practice, practice and try to get people in front of my lens and hope for the best. i'll get there but i'm not ready to leave the amateur part out of the title.

4 Comments:

Blogger Donita said...

Thanks so cool, J. I do understand that feeling of needing to "earn" the title of Photographer - but I think you've earned it - you will just keep getting better and better, then you'll be a Better Photographer! Keep rockin' fellow photographer girlfriend!

8:12 AM  
Blogger Donita said...

OK - so I meant to say "THAT'S so cool" - I hate it when I don't proof read carefully!

8:13 AM  
Blogger Christina @ Working WAHM said...

You're well on your way to earning that title!! Wish you were closer cuz I'd let you practice on my girls!

Come visit me at www.survivingathome.com

Christina

7:27 PM  
Blogger joanna said...

thanks donita and christina, i'm enjoying the whole process and i've always thought that was the most important part anyway.

cute website christina, i can't believe how big your girls are! can't you just imagine us 'fertility friends' e-mailing each other about our kids' weddings??? crazy!

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Health Care Management MBA
Health Care Management MBA
Online MBA
Online MBA