Wednesday, April 25, 2007

getting back on track

well, everything went well yesterday. i was pretty tired all day yesterday and still feeling a bit slow and tender, but i'm hoping that i'll eventually feel better than i have in a long time.

the doctor didn't find endometriosis but said it can still be present but microscopic. instead he found several uterine polyps inside my uterus (duh, they're uterine). one of which was bleeding and he also found brown blood inside my uterus. it probably explains why both recently and on the occasion of surgery he said my uterus felt enlarged. and they seem to be effected by hormones-mine being so out of whack make this condition that much more believable. he removed all of this in a basic D&C, like when one has a miscarriage.

he also removed a cyst we've been monitoring that may have been effecting and pushing on other organs, and then he found another cyst that attached to the end of one of my fallopian tubes and in removing it he had to remove a section of the tube and it won't be functional anymore. i will need to go on shots to end my periods for years to come. makes me a little apprehensive as two side effects are 1) moodiness and 2) weight gain. lovely. i tried this shot once years ago and it did NOT agree with me. i was a complete witch. so watch out people! but i will probably take a mood enhancer simultaneously to help with it, so any of you anti depressant people lurking, tell me what you recommend!

so there it is, in a bit more than a nutshell! probably waaaaaay more than you ever wanted to know about my insides, right? i'm really happy though, this answers questions i've had for a really long time and i like knowing how my body functions, how it's effected my hormone flux, etc. fascinating.

anyhoo, i'm in bed, resting. i don't know why i thought i'd be able to do more today, i feel even more tender and slow than i did after the procedure! it's strange to not be running around after the kids, or hear aaron playing with them downstairs while i just rest, but ultimately i'm excited to recover and feel better in the long run. thanks to everyone who's checked on me, offered to watch the kids (especially my pregnant friend Erika who packed my kids up yesterday and had them all afternoon! can't wait to watch her cute new baby someday though in exchange!)


so after this i shouldn't have to say the word "uterus" this many times again.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I use the shot it does not make you gain weight. What happens is, the medicine in the shot triggers your body to think it is hungry when it isn't. As long as you remember this and keep an eye on your portions you should be fine.

8:12 AM  
Blogger Donita said...

I am so thankful, Joanna, that they found the polyps (nasty little things). I hope this will end your long struggle. Now, you have to remember to rest, your body needs to adjust to so many of those "extra things" inside : ) hee, hee. Please let me know if you need ANYTHING!

10:01 AM  
Blogger joanna said...

thanks girls, i'm taking it easy to ensure that i really feel 100% soon. i don't see how i won't be feeling better after all this.

it's not just depo that bothers me, i have problems with hormones in general, but i don't really have a choice. if it'll make me feel better i'm willing to try most anything!

thanks for thinking of me :)

11:36 AM  
Blogger Tina said...

Take it easy and relax! I know you love to get up and run and stay busy but you have plenrt of time to do that when you are feeling better! I'm glad they found the problem and hope you are feeling better quickly! Give me a call if you need anything!

7:50 AM  
Blogger Christie said...

I am so glad the doctors were able to figure things out. Hey, hormones aren't so bad! I've got tons of them and am only half nuts (ok, well maybe completely nuts, but I prefer to delude myself)! Real bonus to hormones is you get to walk around asking everyone "you got a problem with that?"! It can be quite entertaining! Take it easy and let me know if you need anything at all.

3:45 PM  
Blogger joanna said...

you guys are awesome. i'm happy to have so much support and such good friends (and neighbors!)

having this procedure is also helping me understand that sometimes it's good to accept assistance and take people up on offers to help out. sometimes we just can't do everything! and certainly not alone!

thanks girls, you rock!

5:10 PM  
Blogger Christina @ Working WAHM said...

Glad you're on the mend, Joanna, and glad that you at least got some answers to your problems. Good luck with the shot!

6:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Health Care Management MBA
Health Care Management MBA
Online MBA
Online MBA