Wednesday, February 07, 2007

beer bread

andie and i are making beer bread while kieran's at school. my grandma used to make it and it always reminds me of her. that, and chanel #5. and the word culottes.

Beer Bread Recipe:

1 12 ounce beer in bottle or can (my mother recommends room-temperature)
3 cups self-rising flour
3 tablespoons white sugar

***
  1. In a large bowl, mix together the sugar and flour. Add beer and continue to mix, first using a wooden spoon, then your hands. Batter will be sticky. Pour into a 9 x 5 inch greased loaf pan.
  2. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees ) for 50 for 60 minutes. The top will be crunchy, and the insides will be soft.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yummmmm I use that same recipe and it smells so good and it tastes so good with some real land o lakes salted sweet cream butter on it............ I should give you my recipe for beer muffins.

I hope you get better soon, sounds like you are really sick. I would go for the mucinex also, either that or a bunch of tequila to knock you out.

11:24 AM  
Blogger joanna said...

ha ha ha! i like that tequila suggestion, that's what i feel like i'm doing with the nyquil-it isn't helping a whole lot, but at least it knocks me out so i'm not miserable! i think the mucinex is worth a shot, i just haven't made it out of the house in a few days, i'll have aaron pick it up.

you'll definitely have to give me the muffin recipe. and reading about the bread with butter cream is making me hungry, the bread just finished and it's cooling, i can't wait!

11:53 AM  
Blogger Erika said...

Yum! We do beer bread every Christmas - often as a jar gift for friends/family too.

Definitely have to have butter on warm beer bread :)

1:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love real butter

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Health Care Management MBA
Health Care Management MBA
Online MBA
Online MBA