Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Our New Girl :)

Our daughter, Madyn Jay Strauss was born today at 4:12 pm. She weighed in at 6 lbs 15 oz & I *think* 18 inches long. She is a tiny peanut with long fingers & toes & lots of dark hair. We are already so in love with her.

I'll be posting the whole birth story soon, but it was CRAZY! In a nutshell, I was in the hospital starting at 6:30am with not much progress at all until about 3:45. And then in under half an hour Madyn made her debut. It was the most intense experience ever, I didn't have time to get an epidural, I thought I might be dying, & my attending nurses had to hurry to catch her as she raced out into the world. It was like nothing I've ever been through but we're both doing well & recovering.

Thanks so much for all the support, it has been wonderful feeling the positive energy & good vibes from all over wishing us well on this delivery. We are so lucky to have such amazing family & friends. Thank you.

***

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS to all of you!! What a blessing! Gotta love an exciting safe delivery! :)

7:04 AM  
Blogger Amy Harrison said...

She is beautiful, congratulations! And no epidural?? Can't wait to meet her. Take care.

11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! How exciting!
I'm so happy for you & your family. Thanks for posting updates. I could cheer you on from really far away.

CAMILLE

12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your beautiful new baby girl. I get teary every time I look at that picture of Aaron holding her. How sweet! I'm sorry for you, Joanna, that you didn't get the epidural! Sounds like a real wild ride.

Becky Hansen

1:16 PM  
Blogger Kacee said...

What a gorgeous girl! Congrats! See you soon.

1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! She is beautiful - no wonder you are both so in love with her already :)
Hope to meet her soon!

2:31 PM  
Blogger Christie said...

She is beautiful! Congratulations! Great photo of Aaron holding her - absolutely precious! No epidural - me thinks you earned a wagon-load of diamonds - or whatever you want!!!

3:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS! She is so precious! I am so happy for your family. It sounds like you had a rough delivery, but I'm glad everyone is healthy and happy.

=)

Kendra

8:22 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Congrats to you and your family!!! She's so small and cute:)

7:08 PM  
Blogger Liza said...

Welcome, baby Madyn! And congratulations Joanna and Aaron!!!!

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Health Care Management MBA
Health Care Management MBA
Online MBA
Online MBA