Tuesday, March 25, 2008

baby & losing my mind

thanks for all the well wishes out there, we still can't quite believe it ourselves. i'm about 8 weeks along, so still a looooooong way off, i'm due about november 4. i had an appointment today that went well and last week was an ultrasound where we saw the teeniest little baby ever, complete with teeniest little heart beating away. and i just can't keep a secret and it's getting so hard to think about interesting things about me when i get tagged!

it doesn't seem real, though i'm tired, having cravings for certain food, getting queasy, experiencing heartburn, etc. still, i just can't believe we're adding to our family! the kids are really excited, though today andie cried when she heard that she can't hold the baby right now (the 2 inch baby) and it will grow in my tummy-"i don't want it in there!" kieran keeps telling us, "i think it's going to be a boy..........or a girl." safe bet.

***

and while i'm always a bit flakey, i think i'm worse lately. today i went shopping for a few things at a local craft store and locked my keys in the car. the sad thing was that they were my spare set as i was running out the door this morning and didn't feel like digging through my purse for my real set. i arrived at the store, decided not to drag my giant purse in, just took my wallet in, and apparently left my keys in the car IN THE IGNITION! sheesh. i called aaron who wisely told me that he could come and try to get the keys out, leave work, spend an hour trying to get them out, losing out on $75 for the hour of work, or i could call the locksmith and pay the $50. i went the locksmith route and boy, did that guy have them out in under a minute. i paid a lot of attention and now i think if i practice enough i might be able to break into cars :) and you know, in trying to see the glass half full, i got to chat with a really nice pregnant woman at the craft store who i might see later as a photo client and i met a nice burly locksmith guy who's left handed but does everything with his right hand just like me! see, not so bad.

oh, and then later today after my doctor's appointment i drove halfway home before remembering to pick the kids up at a friend's house. lord help me if this gets worse as i progress.

***

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Health Care Management MBA
Health Care Management MBA
Online MBA
Online MBA