Saturday, March 22, 2008

tagged

my pal donita tagged me a while ago for 5 interesting things about me. i have no idea what to write so it will be kind of stream-of consciousness, here goes:

5) i have nightmares about kittens. this probably deserves its very own post someday, but in a nutshell, i have recurring dreams that either entail opening a box and seeing a cute little kitten which then proceeds to become demonic in some way. or one dream where i enter a room filled with tiny kittens who then attack me! clawing and biting, it's horrible! when i was three years old my grandparents' evil cat max bit me and i've had a slight cat phobia ever since. i'm okay with cats now though my "recovery" was nearly compromised when in high school i was sleeping in a sleeping bag at my aunt and uncle's house and awoke in the night to find their cat simon curled up ON MY HEAD and purring loudly in my ear! cats just have this way about them, aaron says that cats look at you as if they're thinking "if i were bigger, i would eat you". anyway, i have kitten nightmares still.

4) i also have dreams where my teeth fall out. this too is a recurrent subject in my dreams. often i'm in the middle of doing something and they just crumble out of my head. it's always alarming and very realistic. i wake up thankful i can still chew but wondering if maybe i'm clenching my jaw in my sleep???

3) i like naming things. when i was a kid it was often me who insisted on the names for our dogs: sparky, cody, & skippy. did i mention i was also a bit overbearing...? anyway, for my sister i also decided she should be named "Juliette" not just julie, complete with en extra 'T' and 'E'. later i simply called her "chowderhead" and nothing else. one day a woman at the pool was talking to my mother and then said to julie, "and i think i know your name, it's chowderhead, right?" as she had heard me talking to julie there on another occasion. my brother i called "boy", nice and simple and it stuck for quite a while. in some circles i think he's still known that way, right boy?

2) i crack my knuckles. i've done it since i was young and have never stopped. i thrill when i read studies or reports that say this does not cause arthritis. i try not to do it all the time but sometimes i can't help it. sometimes i crack my back but i'm not one of those people who cracks everything.

1) i'm expecting our third baby.

***

8 Comments:

Blogger Liza said...

Holy cow! I'm so glad I visited your blog today! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

1:22 PM  
Blogger Christie said...

Nothing like dropping an Easter Egg!!!! Congratulations! May you have a wonderful and healthy pregnancy filled with lots of wonderfully delicious treats and foot massages!

5:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhh How wonderful

Congrats to all of you

Mr. & Mrs. B

6:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I was, like, soooo wondering! But I thought it was, like, way too personal to ask through email (since that seems to be the only way we sometimes communicate nowdays!)

I am so excited for you guys! CONGRATULATIONS! I think I'm going to go wake Mike up right now to tell him! And I won't tell you about how my angelic, perfect baby #3 has turned into a demanding, tantum throwing (but precious all the while) toddler! :)

(Oh, by the way...didn't you post about Andie insisting on naming things? Hmmm.....)

10:36 PM  
Blogger Tina said...

OMG!!!!! Okay... like.. TWO OMGS!
(I'll save the best for last)
Ever since I was a kid and still today, I have those "teeth crumbling out of my head" dreams.. I thought I was totally alone in this.. they are so real.. I am always so horrified... just out of the blue.. once, in my dream, I went to my Mom with this concern and she just touched them all they crumbled right before her and she was laughing at me!.. Awful! I wonder why we have this dream?

And CONGRATS!!! I can't believe you are having a baby! You are such a fantastic Mommy so I'm happy for you!

7:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! I found your blog via Erika's awhile ago and have made a few return visits. I thought I would come out of lurking to tell you CONGRATULATIONS on baby #3! That is great news!

= )

Kendra

12:45 PM  
Blogger joanna said...

thanks for the positive comments everyone--including lurkers (Kendra-i'm about to have three babies before you have any! get crackin'!)

keep your fingers crossed that things continue to go well!!!

10:22 PM  
Blogger joanna said...

oh and tina-i'm glad to know i'm not alone in the dream, though it's not something i'd wish other people to have--it's really creepy! we'll have to figure out what it means.

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Health Care Management MBA
Health Care Management MBA
Online MBA
Online MBA