Saturday, January 06, 2007

getting to know you-50

okey dokey, i saw this somewhere else so i'm trying it. 100 things about me. only after 50 i got bored of talking about myself. and i think i elaborated more than necessary, so i think 50 should be sufficient. i may try the next 50 in the future.

i'd also like to challenge all my blogging friends to do this, it was more fun than i thought it would be. i have a really bad memory but it was nice to re-visit things...
***

  1. I’m left handed
  2. I do more things with my right hand than my left. I only eat, brush my teeth, and play guitar left handed.
  3. I don’t really play guitar. Aaron once re-strung a guitar for me and I tried it for about a week but I was too much of a weenie to develop calluses for it.
  4. I think Greg Wiggle is the cutest (they’re on in the background right now). I know more people who like Anthony but not me.
  5. I also always liked Jonathan of the New Kids on the Block even though no one else I know did.
  6. I’m still in love with Tom Petty. Since 7th grade. Love him. Once again, I know he’s not everyone’s main attraction but I’ll take him.
  7. I’ve never had stitches before.
  8. My favorite color is green. But I probably own more blue things.
  9. I have to have the bed made before I get into it at night. Even if the bed has been unmade all day, I’ll make Aaron stand to the side while I make it before we lay down.
  10. I was in a local commercial when I was 10. My brother used to show my boyfriends the embarrassing tape of the whole thing.
  11. I know all the words to Aretha Franklin’s “Respect”, Sam Cooke’s “You Send Me”, and The Stones’ “Honky Tonk Women” but can’t name three songs in the top 40 right now.
  12. I’m not a big coffee drinker. I don’t own a coffee pot and when I drink coffee it’s probably either a) winter time or b) caramel or flavored in some way
  13. I might have been named “Barry” if I were a boy. At least that’s what my dad wanted to name me. Ick. No offense to all the Barry’s out there…like Manilow. It’s even funnier with my dad’s New York accent.
  14. I like Barry Manilow.
  15. In middle school a group of girls put me in a trash can and then dumped me in the showers and turned the water on.
  16. You couldn’t pay me enough money to go back to middle school.
  17. I was senior class president and just realized this year should be our 10 year reunion. Darn.
  18. My “campaign” (if you can call it that) involved running just before the election, writing Joanna for President on strips of masking tape and taping it to people.
  19. In college I had a roommate who marked lines on her toilet paper so she’d know if someone else used it.
  20. My favorite drink is a margarita.
  21. I am not competitive at all. I could care less if I win or lose. It’s the reason I never liked sports and often why I don’t like playing games of any kind.
  22. Lethal Weapon 2 was my favorite movie for many years.
  23. One of the worst experiences of my young life was being a “duck” for the annual duck race here in the middle of summer in 90+ degree weather and encased in a Disney-like duck costume. And every time I turned around I knocked over some kid behind me with the tail.
  24. Often when I run or work out hard I get so red in the face I turn eggplant-colored. People do double- and triple-takes. It’s like all the blood rushes to my head, I can literally feel my face pulse. The rest of my body gets goosebumps because it’s cold in comparison to my dumb head. It’s great.
  25. I eat burgers and sandwiches around the edges first and eat the middle last. I don’t know why.
  26. I like salty and savory things more than sweets.
  27. I once showed up for the wrong final in college in a room of over 1000 people and tried the exam for ½ an hour before realizing I was in Macro Economics instead of Micro.
  28. I insisted my sister Julie’s full name be “Juliette”. I’ve always loved naming things.
  29. I also insisted on the names for the family dogs: Cody and Skippy.
  30. I was bossy when I was a kid.
  31. If I could travel anywhere in the world it would be Ghana.
  32. If I went to Ghana I would learn everything I could about intellectual property.
  33. I hate pulp in orange juice. Before they had pulp free I always strained it.
  34. I chew when I drink (it relates a little too the o.j.) I swish everything I drink through my left rear molars. I drink one sip at a time and can’t “chug” unless I concentrate really hard. I have a hard time swallowing pills too.
  35. My favorite day of the week is Thursday.
  36. I had an imaginary friend, a husband named “Timmy” who took me to “ruffly suit parties” and traveled in space. After a driving trip my mom asked about Timmy and I just told her, “We left him in Ohio.” And I never mentioned him again.
  37. My favorite musical is “Bye Bye Birdie”.
  38. In high school I got into a fight with my parents and decided to drive to Memphis. I only had $6 and after clearing my head for a while I turned around in Charleston and headed back and returned just as the school day was ending.
  39. Friends and I did a Ferris Bueller day on St. Patrick’s Day, called ourselves in, drove to Chicago, walked the parade route (we missed the parade) and went to Sears Tower.
  40. I worked for three months at Baskin Robbins and had to quit because my arm hurt so much from scooping. I was a big weenie.
  41. My first car was a Plymouth Horizon hatchback.
  42. I used to have three Styrofoam wig-stand type heads on top of the hatchback facing outward.
  43. The summer before college someone stole the heads from my car. Never heard from again. No ransom note, nothing.
  44. I had a John Hughes/80’s movie type senior prom when I saw my boyfriend at the mall an hour before the event walking hand in hand with his (ex)-girlfriend. I cried in the men’s suit department at Sears.
  45. I can drive a Zamboni. At least I think I’d still remember.
  46. Aaron and I never took a honeymoon.
  47. We had two guys crash our wedding, they signed the guest book, had a picture taken of themselves and everything. Two years later I was working on campus and there was a Smoothie King right next door and one of the guys worked there. I recognized him immediately and he always said I looked familiar but I never told him he knew me because I was the bride from the wedding he crashed. He turned out to be pretty nice.
  48. When swing dancing was popular I was really into it and had a guy friend who would flip me when we danced.
  49. I got a C in the Intro to Advertising course right before I applied to the program. I insisted I wasn’t a good test taker and the course was composed of just 3 exams for the grade and that I was a member of marketing and advertising organizations even though I wasn’t in the program yet and despite my less than stellar grade I was advertising material. I got in.
  50. I’ve never been skiing.

3 Comments:

Blogger Donita said...

I accept the challenge. I might sip alittle wine/port and write my 50 tonight (100 is alittle to daunting for me right now)! Sounds like fun. Any rules?

12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds to me like you actually have a really good memory--that's a lot of detailed and interesting info about you!

I'm glad you didn't forget about the reunion. :) 10 years...can you believe it?!?!

8:53 PM  
Blogger Dori said...

Hey I learned a few new things about you! By the way, Greg is no longer a wiggle. They have some other guy now. :(

1:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Health Care Management MBA
Health Care Management MBA
Online MBA
Online MBA